Monday, January 10, 2011

Why do I bother?

The answer is very simple really...

These are my two nieces: Mila and Stella.  
I want them to be able to do everything in the future that we take for granted today…
I want them to swim in clean oceans and seas, free of plastic and trash islands.
I want them to see all the beautiful animals, birds, fish and insects in the world, rather than learn about their extinction from books or videos.
I want them to walk in luscious forests with diverse plant species.
I want them to experience the four seasons.
I want them to live in a world where bees still exist.
I want them to live in a world where people aren’t motivated by money or profit. 
I don't want them to live in a world where the quality of people's lives and happiness are judged by material goods or economic growth.  
I want them to live in a world where people have time to spend with their children and grandparents.
I want to do everything I can to leave them a cleaner, happier and better world.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said Rea! I'm with you every step of the way to create a greener world for future generation such as Stella and Mila, they also deserve the chance to live in a fairy tale land full of happy trees and singing birds.

    ReplyDelete