The Scottish Government has now published their draft budget, but it doesn't currently fund even the minimum activities required if we’re to meet the greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets in our Climate Change Act.
If one of your MSPs is listed below, you have an important role to play in helping Scotland move towards a low carbon future.
This group of MSPs has high influence when it comes to reducing Scotland’s emissions – if your MSP is listed here, please take action today.
If you’re not sure which constituency you are in, find out here.
- Aberdeen South and North Kincardine, Maureen Watt MSP, Convenor of the Infrastructure and Capital Investment Committee
- Airdrie and Shotts, Alex Neil MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Infrastructure and Capital Investment
- Caithness, Sutherland & Ross, Rob Gibson MSP, Convenor of the Rural Affairs, Environment and Climate Change Committee
- Clackmannanshire and Dunblane, Keith Brown MSP, Minister for Transport and Housing
- Cunninghame North, Kenny Gibson MSP, Convenor of the Finance Committee
- Lothians region, Gavin Brown MSP, Convenor of the Economy, Energy and Tourism Committee
- Perthshire North, John Swinney MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Growth.
- P.S. If your MSP is not listed here, you can still write a letter to your MSPs asking them to do all they can to ensure that action on climate change is properly funded. Click here to find out more.
Stop Climate Chaos Scotland Co-ordinator
To view the orginal blog post about this please CLICK HERE.
For more information on Stop Climate Chaos please CLICK HERE