Thursday, May 02, 2013

Re-posting: Sheila Gilmore MP

The East Coast Main Line has been publicly run since 2009. During that time services have improved and profits have been retained for public benefit, rather than lost to shareholders. As a result Labour have pledged that, should we win the next General Election in May 2015, East Coast would be kept in public hands.
On Tuesday 26 March the Government announced its intention to privatise East Coast by February 2015. This is a cynical attempt by Tory Ministers to wreck Labour’s plan, and shows that David Cameron and his Ministers put ideology before the needs of passengers and taxpayers.

That’s why along with other Labour MPs, I’ve started a campaign to stop the privatisation plans and against the Government’s proposal. To get involved sign my petition on my website. This will allow me to keep you updated as the campaign progresses. On my website you can also find out about the work I’ve done thus far, including my letter to the Transport Secretary and column in the Edinburgh Evening News.

Sheila Gilmore is the MP for Edinburgh East

For more information and to sign the petition please CLICK HERE

Please remember to share with friends and networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment