Sorry for the very late post today but it's been Earth Hour here in the UK, turning our lights and electricity off for the planet. Earth Hour is still sweeping across the globe, so watch Earth Hour Live on the website!
Meat Free Week advocates reducing your meat consumption because of the impact it is having on our health, animals and the environment. As today is Earth Hour, here is a environment related fact from the Meat Free Week website:
Deforestation is a major global crisis. As demand for agriculture grows, grazing space continues to leach more forest from our environment, especially in the Amazon. If current trends in agriculture for grazing and crops continue, we can expect to see as much as forty per cent of the rainforest destroyed by 2050.1 This also leads to the destruction of crucial carbon sinks and releases harmful gases that have been stored on soil and vegetation.
Today's recipe is one of my favourites and comes from LEON's cookbook ; Fast Vegetarian. Its a classic but another veg box winner! Its perfect for a wet and windy Saturday lunchtime, like today!
Serves four to six people
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients and Preparation
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (a.k.a roughly chopped up!)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of maple syrup
350g creme fraiche
50g Gruyere cheese, grated
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese
salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 170C/ 325F/gas mark 3
2. Toss cauliflower in a bowl with oil and maple syrup.
3. Season well.
4. Transfer to an oven dish and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender
5. Put the creme fraiche, Gruyere and mustard into a bowl and stir to combine.
6. Tip in the roasted cauliflower, mix until well coated and season.
3. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and put back into the oven for another 10 minutes, until golden.
For veg box owners, don't be afraid to add other veggies you may have such as broccoli or kale. We cook our dish with kale and it's never tasted better!
|Kale never tasted so good!|